Sunday, August 10, 2014

2nd Memorial at Washington Jefferson Park Eugene Oregon


 

Kitty Piercy our Mayor,                                                                     December’ 13 2008

 

I am again raising the memorial for those homeless, alcohol, and drug related deaths that have occurred over the past year. I feel a reflection of the lives lost which often go un-seen and un-herd will be a continual wake up call for this city. The death of members of our community is a direct reflection of the breakdown in our neighborhoods’ and social structure. I believe that Eugene has not traveled so far from the strong community values and beliefs, which are so important, that it cannot heal these wounds. I truly believe us as individuals and collectively can and will make a difference. I am proud to be a positive part, a hopeful participant in this change. I am also very happy to have a person as compassionate and motivated as you, as our Mayor.

 

This year, I will be doing the dedication on January 1st, so as to be a direct reflection of those who did not make it to the next year. I invite you to stand with us at 2:00 PM for the dedication. I have invited others in the community as well.

 

God Bless,

Chef John Arthur Ernst aka “THOR”

No comments:

Post a Comment