Monday, March 17, 2014

Mayor Kitty Piercy homeless FB conversation post March 17 2014


Interesting. I say interesting because I have to look at it from all angles, one the past life on the streets long enough to endure cold winters, warm summers, drug addition, in and out of jail, rebuilding again to loose it another time. Homelessness and the possibility of it all to real. So first brothers and sister on the street now even though your numbers have grown and many of you need extra help and I was a "King' of the 'hood' Whiteaker Neighborhood by the end of my time with lots of kids calling me 'Uncle Thor' You can become 'King" in a good way even though I was under ground basically you just instill a better way in the street code and help some kids head in the right direction by being first to go. Also You got a set of boyz that clank. OUT Okay the next step. I had been kicked out, just got of jail losing all my stuff (case dropped incidents related I can't ruin my book pivotal point) So I' walking down Willamette and take a left turn in to Lane Community College. I start classes 10 days later. Okay that is how I got out. I'm now h/c so I take that part of the plight of homelessness in. I also have to add in their general ability levels, social ability, education ability, needs, medical, general over all something kicked their but and put them on a bad path. I hope I covered every angle there. The next step is communication which has taken place over some time, planning after study of other models, action what we see above. Even greater ideas have come across the table but since we are talking about a city response to it we have a pretty powerful one. okay I have come this far, so I'm going to lay it all on the table. Each person has an ability, each person who has disabling medical needs will soon be in housing living off SSD (Lawyers will realize what I am telling you.$$$$) Each one of these people in some way is a financial bonus if we help. If we realize the labor financial pool available, if we realize the human potential available, if we have as said above an "End Game" strategy using what we have created as a community to cycle people back into housing faster than they are loosing them. Then all this will mean something great. Yes I agree we can call this still year one. I like to think 5 years from now when this system is so well tuned that the only few living Characters like "Crazy Charlie" my favorite street nut often to be found around the hood, and as always travels during the summer chasing the shows and sun. I'm saying we are just beginning to walk. It is right we should look around and see the new possibilities. Chef John "The Ghetto Gourmet" aka THOR  .

5 comments:

  1. We look around read If I ran the "Zoo and apply."
    Vets, in homelessness open to $$ from their service, Respect.
    People who suffer and see each day as a spinning array of events to powerful to over come, and that one person who they can talk to. You all are out there, here a simple instruction, humanity in compassion in long thinking in community effort. I see no backward, only growth. This is the bottom up guy say their are so many of us, almost a great army of people, a great army of humanity, both in a dance moving toward a reality. A new dawn. Seems to be a noble thing giving where we are today and in that tradition continue, an inspiration in thought ideas, possibilities, be inventive with this ARMY of AMERICANS. THOR

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are seeing so many parts coming together finally, the death toll will go down, neighborhoods will grow, people will come back out of their homes, new homes, new lives, and they will have a spark. The spark of life, of dignity, of inspiration, those who made these live start again, Kitty Piercy, Eugene City Council, our own "Mitch Snyder" resurrected in Pastor Dan Bryant, and most of all the little person, on the front line. You see with all these sparks, inspiration, hope, love, a great fire will be born, a great new movement, "American Fire of Inspiration" To those blessed, "Do good deeds, give time freely, work everyday to work, give us your spirit, your dreams, make them come alive. This is just part of a greater puzzle coming together that will change everything in 10 years, the very Heart of America will beat again in that time. We meek, We dispossessed, We living, We dreamers. We Lions! THOR

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will see my comment, you will see the beauty of us, each of us, and then you to will have your spark. Purify yourselves as outlined in the 3rd step of the non-violent action then begin, we can do it with music and art this time, good works. (I used to love those long paper boxes at night long enough to lay in. Japan.. a different culture, and they have succeeded in Mico or better termed (build it cheap in a community setting with programs attached and then it becomes a stopping point in a persons continued growth. We want these people completely back into community one form or another through these micro villages or social projects of several persons housed together at same time.. a captive audience, a work pool, a group of people all working towards a common goal, Just like MRT therapy, Boot Camp Program, A.A. or N.A., United Way just to flip it St. Vincent's, were see the goal together and help each other get it. Then we are in the action phase the 4th part.. THOR

    ReplyDelete