Saturday, March 22, 2014

Sound and the Swifts in Eugene Oregon


In each of us is the power of sound, it crosses veils, and can create. It is more than we can see, but to feel it is to know. I am a singer and we were walking under the swifts at the Chimney on Agate street Eugene OR with a buddy. He had his banjo and I had been doing some free-style singing (Give me a rip and I roll) and I stopped and said watch as I pointed to the sky. I began using my powerful voice to hit different tones. I first had to match the chirping of the birds flying about by the hundreds then I had to lead them in tone then I did an  abrupt turn in octave to a lower tone and all the swifts began moving slower as if someone hit a slow motion button. I then began singing in tones, and letting my voice fly with the swifts they looped and rolled. By this time I had and audience because there is a small park there. I finished playing with them and turned to my friend "Red" and said, "See." He nodded reverent silence, but for the swifts chirping still and kids playing. THOR

No comments:

Post a Comment